AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is this possible? Multiple folders for same parts in different assemblies?

Question asked by Molly Galvin on Jun 17, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2019 by Keaton Warn

So I have two related parts (part of same final assembly), each of which needs their own mold (part A and part B need molds, but they connect to part C). I like to keep separate molds in their own folders that include the assembly (Folder A would have part A, B, and C, but just the part A mold, and folder B would be the same, but with just the part B mold). Is there a way to create separate folders that each containing all of the parts, but not end up with error messages like "part is defined in the context of another assembly", etc.?

• I'd like all of the parts in the folder (rather than excluding part A from folder B, etc.) so that if the folder needs to move it can be done easily.
  • They need to be separate folders for documentation and mold numbering purposes.
  • Want to make sure parts can update in the opposite folders so that previous versions of parts don't accidentally get used (not quite as important for part A and B since they are separate, but part C is important as it will correlate to both)

Is anything like this possible? Maybe there is something that exists that I'm just not familiar with...

Outcomes