AnsweredAssumed Answered

Design Table, reference a property only. Do not change the property on configuration, similar to how reference dimensions work with design tables?

Question asked by Mason Cobb on Jun 13, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 3, 2020 by Ethan Kay

I have about 150 parts with individual design tables with roughly the same properties. The design tables do not currently display dimensions about the component. Also the parts were designed a long time ago with 'not excellent' design intent. I needed to change the drawings from having an individual sheet for every configuration to having a standard view with callouts like 'A', 'B', 'C' and have the design table show the values at those configurations. Standard Design table stuff.

To solve my issue I created a new sketch and created reference dimensions to the important geometry, and import this into the design table. I fooled around with having some sort of template I could use but my problem is the properties on the component all get deleted, instead of automatically populating like the reference dimensions.

So, Is there a way for me to reference a component property in a design table, instead of being able to change it from the table? I'm open to other solutions to my problem. Thanks

TL:DR: Is there a way for me to reference a component property in a design table, instead of being able to change it from the table?

Outcomes