AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lock down a part by mating to patterned part??

Question asked by Jeremy Jacobs on Jun 5, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2019 by Dan Eldred

Am I correct in saying if you mate to a patterned part it's not stable?  Or am I missing something?  I'm building a structure that's pretty basic and consists of many repeating patterns.  Let's say I take a bracket and mate it to a beam that has been patterned.  The beam is locked because the seed is locked down.  Simple mates to the patterned beam and the bracket is now locked.  But it's not.  I can move the bracket and the beam follows!!!  But if I grab the beam and try and move it, it says it can't be moved because the seed is locked down.  So how the heck can the beam move when i move the bracket?!?!?

Now every part that I thought was locked down because I matted them to a patterned part is not actually locked.  They need to be locked down by mating them to non patterned parts.

Why is that?  There are areas where the only thing around to mate to is a patterned component.  I've restarted the program and computer several times. ctrl Q.  Everything I can think of and I can still move the parts as I describe.

Outcomes