AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot re-apply cavity after editing

Question asked by Molly Galvin on Jun 5, 2019

Just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this issue and may have a fix. When I am editing a cavity feature that is within a part in an assembly (issue persists both when editing part within assembly and when editing part on its own) I can edit the cavity, change whats in it, etc. but when I click the check mark the property manager disappears, but the check and x still stay in the upper right corner. It allows me to click on the x to cancel the cavity, but no matter how many times I click on the check, it will not apply the feature.

I believe this may have something to do with external references, but even when I break external references for the cavity and try to add un-broken references it still fails. The only option that seems to work is inserting a new cavity feature, but as references are sometimes created from the original cavity it isn't the ideal solution.

Unfortunately, this pertains to models from my work so I am unable to attach files, but if more information is needed I'd be happy to try and answer to the best of my ability.

Thanks in advance!

cavity general assembly part and features broken reference broken feature

Outcomes