Patrick Dunleavy

Is there a way to fix this drawing view boundary box issue that I'm experiencing with hidden bodies and section views?

Discussion created by Patrick Dunleavy on May 24, 2019
Latest reply on May 24, 2019 by Patrick Dunleavy

I successfully posted this yesterday, did a quick edit, and then it disappeared from my content list. The page of the original post said / still says "Please note: your content was added successfully, but a moderator needs to approve it before it can be posted."  So, hopefully it takes this time...

The following is a simplified example of the issue that I am having. Here is a multi-body part with reasonable boundary boxes...

If I hide the larger body in one of the views, the boundary box resizes...

If I make a section view on the smaller body, the boundary box of the section view is back to the larger size...

Is there a way to get the section view boundary box to be a size more on par with the size of the only visible body? This can make more complex drawings of more complex parts more difficult to work with when boundary boxes are overlapping and/or completely encompassing other drawing views.

I am using SW2016 SP 3.0. Any information or guidance is appreciated.

Side note: You may notice the section view has that dangling dimension color. This has only been an issue in this example that I threw together. It isn't the cause of the bounding box issue and isn't much of a concern to me at this time.  A message came up about SW not being able to section the part properly, but this hidden body / section view bounding box behavior exists when everything sections properly.

Outcomes