AnsweredAssumed Answered

Certification Questions

Question asked by Brandon Donaldson on May 20, 2019
Latest reply on May 21, 2019 by Heiko Sohnholz

Hi all,

I browsed quickly through some of the past asked questions, but didn't really find answers to a few questions I have. I just finished my bachelors degree in bioengineering, and looking to get a job in some sort of design aspect of engineering. I've looked at many job postings, and all of them are looking for advanced solidworks knowledge. My program gave us 3 weeks of CAD practice (unfortunately not enough for an engineering program), but I have had over 80+ hours of experience messing around with it on my own. I even made a mold of a human spinal cord from MRI mesh data, though it was a pain to figure out how to do that. In no way do I feel confident in my skills, though I could easily build stuff in the program through trail and error. I want to take an exam to get a certificate, but not sure which exam is the most appropriate (or if I have to take them in order from easiest to most advanced).

TLDR; Which exam should I take that is most appropriate for a design engineering career, and do you recommend any cheap-ish online practice tutorials for different skills?

Thanks,

Brandon Donaldson.

Outcomes