AnsweredAssumed Answered

x_t model missing main part when opening in 2018 using 3D Interconnect

Question asked by Jim Steinmeyer on May 15, 2019
Latest reply on May 15, 2019 by Jim Steinmeyer

I am attempting to open an engine assembly sent to us in x_t format. I am using SW2018 SP4 and am finding a part missing. I have 3D Interconnect checked to run and it must run seamlessly as there are no input boxes that open up. When the assembly model opens all of the parts are suppressed. As I un-suppress the parts they all show except for the second part in the tree which is the engine block. This part stays suppressed and when I attempt to un-suppress it it can not be found. This assembly had been un-suppressed and saved previously, and I believe everything was there, but now the part is missing so I attempted to recreate the part again by extracting it from the x_p file again only to not find the block there.

When I attempted to save the assembly I was instructed that I had invalid assembly and part templates and was asked if I wanted to use blank templates. I selected yes and everything seemed to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would attach the model but can't with the NDA and all.

Outcomes