AnsweredAssumed Answered

Tips for a new designer working with product ranges

Question asked by Dylan Sinclair on Apr 24, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2019 by David Matula

Good morning all, hope you all had a good bank holiday weekend!

I am easing into a new graduate role within a manufacturing company who design lots of electrical enclosures and systems,

the company already has a large range of product series all with various sizes (to house various electrical components)

At the moment they have 1 assembly model for each series with a large number of configurations (from 7 up to 40) this includes different dimensions, doors, lids, covers etc..

I have been tasked to create drawings and model files for the UK office to help the technical sales staff and make it easier to find our product characteristics.

at the moment I have been asked to create;

STEP files of each configuration within a series

3D PDF file of each configuration within a series

DWG files of each configuration within a series

PDF of the drawings for each configuration within a series

DXF files of each configuration within a series

I am probably going to make somebody on here cry, but I have been doing each of these manually and it has of course taken some time, but for future reference is there an easier way of doing this as I'm sure more product ranges or edits will take place and I would rather find out now than after doing a few thousand more! I have already created a filing system and automatic drawing border which has already saved a lot of time and potential mistakes but should I be concentrating on something else?

Thanks in advance guys and gals,

sorry for the long winded post but I appreciate all the help!

Dylan

Outcomes