AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help with equations and global variables with decimal valules

Question asked by Brian Stoddard on Apr 16, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 17, 2019 by Brian Stoddard

I have a spring part that I'm creating to use as a default template to use to create other springs.  The spring comprises of three helical sweeps: one for the active coils, and one each for the top and bottom inactive coils.  To create the top inactive coil, I am using the Height And Revolution definition.  By doing this, I need to specify the start angle.  If the spring has a whole number of active coils (ex: 1, 2, 3, etc...), the start angle is 0.  If the spring has a half number of active coils (ex: 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, etc...), the start angle is 180. 

I have a Global Variable for both the number of active coils and the start angle.  Is there an equation that I can use to drive the start angle where if the number of active coils is a whole number, the start angle automatically is set to 0 and if the number of active coils is a half number, the start angle automatically is set to 180??

I've looked into using the equation of IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH... but SW doesn't accept the ISNUMBER or the SEARCH functions.

I'm using SW 2017

Outcomes