4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 4:59 PM by 1-IUFH3H

Whats a rigid body mode

can anyone explain me Whats a rigid body mode and how is it important in dynamic analysis?
        • Whats a rigid body mode
          Rigid body dynamics is the study of the motion of rigid bodies. Unlike particles, which move only in three degrees of freedom (translation in three directions), rigid bodies occupy space and have geometrical properties, such as a center of mass, moments of inertia, etc., that characterize motion in six degrees of freedom (translation in three directions plus rotation in three directions). Rigid bodies are also characterized as being non-deformable, as opposed to deformable bodies. As such, rigid body dynamics is used heavily in analysis simulations of physical systems and machinery where rotational motion is important, but material deformation does not have a major effect on the motion of the system.
            I am off the subject here, but I can't seem to find the link to where I can post a question. Can anyone help me? Is my IT staff blocking this function? Please help!!
              It's at the top-left of your screen, under Quick Links. The link is called New Topic and is in red.