AnsweredAssumed Answered

Logic Based Motion Simulation.

Question asked by Matt Juric on Apr 9, 2019

I have a simulation that I would like to attempt to do but wanted to see if it is even possible before I started.

It's something like a Pachinko machine except the balls would  accumulate in slots at the bottom of the machine and be directed based on how many balls where in the slots. So the ball enters at the top and we want to head it toward the slot at the bottom that has the fewest balls in at the moment of starting. The next ball, which will enter the machine before the ball before it hits the slots in the bottom, will then be directed to the next slot with the fewest balls in it.

The end result would be that you may have 10 balls falling thru the pins at any given time but will always have a fairly even number of balls in the bottom row.

To complicate things the balls in the bottom row are acting as a que for the systems following. In essence you would need to keep a running total for each slot in the bottom. You might start with 10 balls in each slot, you'd release a ball from slot one. The ball dropped into the machine would be directed to slot one. You release two balls from Slot two. The next two balls would be directed to slot two. You release a ball from slot one again. You know you have two balls going to slot two and one to slot one. Next ball would be directed to slot one and so on.

I don't think you could do it "Last out" "First in" because you could have a slot that released two balls and another that released four after the two. You would wanted to direct the first two balls the slot that released four not the one that first released two.

Was that confusing enough?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Outcomes