AnsweredAssumed Answered

AUTO ASSIGN THICKENSS?

Question asked by John Rice on Apr 8, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2019 by John Rice

Hey guys, I apologize if this has been asked but I didn't see it on a search and my attempts to make it work in solid works just throws errors and warnings,

is there a way to auto populate the thickness of a material based on what customer material you select in the tree? ive seen the sheetmetal options in the materials and tried that along with the check box in base flange to use the Sheetmetal properties but it just tells me the parameters are outside the specified dimensions if I try to make the Sheetmetal not equal to the actual size which is suppose to happen but I was hoping for more of a auto assign thickness when I select the material, for ex: if I select a custom material named 10GA I would like it to automatically set the thickness at .135 rather than warning me with a pop up box, is this possible? maybe with a macro or just a different method im not using, would like to do it on all our thicknesses so we don't have to worry about making the thickness match the gauge selected and removing another human error moment..

Thanks, John

Outcomes