AnsweredAssumed Answered

Special coordinate dimension for lathing

Question asked by Winston Sun on Apr 7, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 8, 2019 by Winston Sun

Hello,

our lathe operators wish our detail drawings using coordinate dimensions (Diameter / Z coordinate). Background: all the products are revolved. A series of products share the same cross section with different diameters. Therefore, it is easy to create a part file then insert a design table with configurations containing all the diameters. As to the drawing file, I create a view and add all the dimensions necessary, then add custom properties to the drawing file, said Name: Point1, Type: Text, Value: "RD1@DrawingView1" / "D1@Sketch1", then create a detail view and add an annotation linked to Point1. It works for the first sheet. Then I copy first sheet and paste. I changed the reference configuration of the parent view, however, the annotation won't update accordingly, because it is created that way, linked to DrawingView1 and Sketch1. It also works if I am willing to copy the drawing file and change the reference configuration. By doing so, it will create a lot of files which I don't want. I even tried to create custom properties and configuration specific properties at the part file, but all failed. Any idea? Thank you.

Attached pictures: 1.png is the detail view with annotations, 2.png is the parent view (Drawing View 1) with dimensions.

EDITED BY MODERATOR: Moved to Drawings and Detailing space. Please post to the appropriate space when one exists.

Attachments

Outcomes