I have asked this question before, quite a few years ago and never really got an answer. I did get a lot of help from Brian Mcewen that helped a lot though. Thanks Brian.
I need to be able to allow a user to enter in the revision of a file that is being added to PDM when it doesn't exist. Say when adding old pdf drawings.
I have created a workflow that looks at the current revision variable of a file, updates the local revision to match and sends the file to the correct state of our engineering workflow. This works fine. Here is a screen shot of my workflow.
The issue arises when a file is added to PDM when no revision variable is set.
What I want to do is:
1. Identify if the revision variable is not set. DONE
2. Prompt the user to enter in the revision. DONE via Dispatch
3. Set the revision variable of the file. DONE but........ see below
4. Based on the revision set, send the file down the correct path, either to concept or released. NOT DONE
5. Update the local revision to match the revision variable. Can Do.
My issue is, the entered in Rev variable is being applied to the file but when it is checked in, it is blank so the file is stuck in my No Revision state.
I have a Ok box in the Dispatch script that tells me the Rev Variable has been written to.
But the result is
So the file does not progress any further.
Any ideas as to why??