AnsweredAssumed Answered

Excel file used in Property Tab Builder

Question asked by John Sadler on Apr 1, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 1, 2019 by John Sadler

Hello all,

I am trying to create random part number generation by linking an Excel file with the "=RANDBETWEEN" function to the custom properties using the Property Tab Builder.

The goal is to have a random part number generated in the custom property tab whenever the new part template is chosen for a new part.

I can open a new part using the new part template I made for this, and the custom property tab will show a random part number in the correct field.

I can close the part without applying the properties, and I will get a different random part number in the custom property tab the next time the new part template is used.

Good so far.

However, if I do apply the custom properties from the tab to the part, the next time I use the new template to create a part, the same part number is in the custom properties tab instead of a different random number.

At this point I have to close & reopen SW to get a different random number to populate the custom properties tab.

I am sure that I am missing something simple/obvious as I am new to this level of customizing.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Outcomes