AnsweredAssumed Answered

Modeling material in between two cylindrical surfaces

Question asked by Ryan Burhans on Mar 31, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 15, 2019 by Ruben Balderrama

Hello. I am brand new to the Solidworks forum and this is actually my very first question. What would be the most efficient way to go about creating the material in between the two looped pieces for this part I am practicing with as shown in my attachments? I have tried the rib feature but it doesn't take. I have tried messing around with the extrude command and its direction options but no luck. It seems like there would be a way to extrude the material up to both cylindrical surfaces with one shot.

When I look at the print, my eye is directed at the loop profile shapes and I instinctively want to model those up first, locate them from one another, and then try and create the center material that connects them. However, I'm also wondering if I should have just created the center material first, even though its geometry and how it should be located with respect to the looped pieces doesn't seem to be as readily clear to me, and then created the two outside loops.

I have attached two pictures, one of what the piece should look like with the center material circled in blue and the other picture showing what I have done so far.

Attachments

Outcomes