2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2019 8:06 AM by John Stoltzfus Branched from an earlier discussion.

Administration Image - For SolidWorks Software Installation 

Alex Lachance

That's good to know, will definetly have a look into this. I've heard of Admin images before but never really looked into them.

• Re: Administration Image - For SolidWorks Software Installation 
          Jim Sculley

Alex Lachance wrote:

That's good to know, will definetly have a look into this. I've heard of Admin images before but never really looked into them.

Admin images make it all so much simpler.  Here's what it looks like on my image:

Within each group, you list the machines like this:

Each group can have it's own set of installed software and other various options.  For example, if a machine is in my 'Electrical Only' group it looks like this:

The global install looks like this:

If a machine isn't in one of the groups, it gets whatever the global setup is.

It takes a little time to set it up the first time, but after that you can use an existing admin image to set up the next one.  I keep several around:

You also have the option to deploy the images automatically, so your users can't drag their feet.  The automatic deploy is also helpful if your IT group has things locked down.  You can set up the image and then have the IT folks deploy it by clicking a checkbox and entering their admin credentials: