2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2019 12:46 PM by Benjamin Modic

Solidworks installation and license managment

Guillaume Jitiaux

Hi.

My colleague who had the license left the compagny and i need to switch it to my computer. I have no issue in this part.

But i created my account before linking the license, i'm unable to link it online (i don't find a way to add it) and i can't have to register a license.

• Re: Solidworks installation and license managment
          Paul Wyndham

You will have to talk to your reseller and have them help you connect the license to your account.

• Re: Solidworks installation and license managment
            Benjamin Modic

Guillaume,

Your account should not need to be registered in order for you to use that serial number. Your colleague would need to first deactivate the license off of their machine...

1. Open SOLIDWORKS on the machine and go to ‘Help’, ‘Deactivate License’
            2. The activation wizard will come up and offer to deactivate the license, allow the system to sync with the SolidWorks Activation Server and remove the license

Then you would be able to activate this serial number on your machine...

1. Open SolidWorks
            2. An activation wizard should come up and offer to activate, allow the system to sync with the SolidWorks license mainframe and activate

If you need to change the serial number that SOLIDWORKS uses for activation on your machine...

1. Go to the Windows Control Panel
            2. Go to ‘Programs and Features’
            3. Locate the ‘SolidWorks 20XX SPX.X’ installation in the list of program and elect to ‘Change’ it
            4. Select ‘Modify the individual installation’ and proceed ‘Next’
            5. Change the currently listed serial number to the desired number
            6. Proceed to the ‘Product Selection’ screen include any additional add-ins that the new serial number is entitled to (or remove products no longer entitled to the new serial number)
            7. Proceed to the ‘Summary’ screen and then select ‘Modify Now’ to complete the modification

~Ben