You will have to talk to your reseller and have them help you connect the license to your account.
Your account should not need to be registered in order for you to use that serial number. Your colleague would need to first deactivate the license off of their machine...
- Open SOLIDWORKS on the machine and go to ‘Help’, ‘Deactivate License’
- The activation wizard will come up and offer to deactivate the license, allow the system to sync with the SolidWorks Activation Server and remove the license
Then you would be able to activate this serial number on your machine...
- Open SolidWorks
- An activation wizard should come up and offer to activate, allow the system to sync with the SolidWorks license mainframe and activate
If you need to change the serial number that SOLIDWORKS uses for activation on your machine...
- Go to the Windows Control Panel
- Go to ‘Programs and Features’
- Locate the ‘SolidWorks 20XX SPX.X’ installation in the list of program and elect to ‘Change’ it
- Select ‘Modify the individual installation’ and proceed ‘Next’
- Change the currently listed serial number to the desired number
- Proceed to the ‘Product Selection’ screen include any additional add-ins that the new serial number is entitled to (or remove products no longer entitled to the new serial number)
- Proceed to the ‘Summary’ screen and then select ‘Modify Now’ to complete the modification