AnsweredAssumed Answered

knife plate gussets

Question asked by Stephen Donelson on Mar 14, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2019 by Stephen Donelson

I'm building a truss in SW and they want what they are calling "knife plate gussets" at some of the T joints, where angled members can be attached for stiffening.  For example, in the pic below, the knife plate passes through the tube to the left.  I can not find a way to build these with the standard SW weldment tools.  Also, is there a way to trim these stiffening parts based on their interference with the gusset?  I could just make standard bosses, but I'm wanting to trim the different beams with the weldment tools, or this will be a lengthy process with the large number of joints.