Working with SW PDM Pro 2018. Need a little better understanding of what I am seeing if possible.
Short explanation: Note: I have turned off allowing duplicate files to be checked into the Vault.
1) I have 3 users that place a part with the same name into their local vault view... to clarify, the local Vault view is on each users workstation, not a network location.....
2) This part is NOT in the vault as of yet, no one has checked it in....
3) Neither of the users can check the file into the Vault, the references show that the file is not a unique name, but it is NOT checked into the Vault as of yet
4) How/Why does the Vault care if different local users have parts with the same name if the part is not contained in the actual Vault yet?
not sure how better to ask this question, so if anyone needs more info feel free to fling it my way,
Thanks for any help in understanding this
Folks, found the following statement which I believe helps the understanding of this Vault scenario, at least from my viewpoint.:
SOLIDWORKS PDM vaults store the files and information about items and files (metadata)
managed by SOLIDWORKS PDM.
The vault view is connected to:
• The archive server, which stores the physical files in a vault archive.
• The vault database, which stores information about files, items, and activities in the vault.
Message was edited by: Brian Hoerner