AnsweredAssumed Answered

Routing Component Wizard - Incorrect Path

Question asked by Mick Triplett on Feb 25, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2019 by Mick Triplett

Solidworks ver 2019 SP1.0 - Routing Add-in

I am making a new pipe by opening my existing part (pipe.sldprt) and saving as (pipe-API5L-GRB.sldprt). I am then running the Route component Wizard and saving the new pipe to my library. The first time I ran it, I apparently didn't pay attention to the fact that I didn't put the new pipe in the pipes sub folder so it saved to

C:\ProgramData\SOLIDWORKS\SOLIDWORKS 2019\design library\routing\piping

Instead of

C:\ProgramData\SOLIDWORKS\SOLIDWORKS 2019\design library\routing\piping\pipes

So in my "Piping and Tubing Database" when I filter it to just show pipe, it was showing up in the wrong directory (1 directory above where I wanted it). I moved the pipe to the correct subdirectory, and re-ran the Routing component wizard. Now it is STILL showing up in the incorrect directory, but now there are 2 instances of its Config name (I.E 60 or so configurations under pipe-API5L-GRB.sldprt...1" sch40, through 30" STD, etc, and then it repeats all of those configurations a second time, still the same part name, but config repeating a second time) Screenshot Attached.

So how do I remove a pipe you added to the Piping and Tubing Database with the Routing Component Wizard? I need to start from scratch with this pipe. Thanks

Outcomes