3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2019 6:55 AM by Deepak Gupta

Solidworks Animation Related...

Jay Dave

Hi All,

I have an assembly which contains 3 Sub-assemblies...

When I create a Motion, do I have to turn-off all the Mates (Constraints)??? And where would be the option to turn-off those Mates (Constraints)???

Thank you.

• Re: Solidworks Animation Related...
          Deepak Gupta

Jay Dave wrote:

I have an assembly which contains 3 Sub-assemblies...

When I create a Motion, do I have to turn-off all the Mates (Constraints)??? And where would be the option to turn-off those Mates (Constraints)???

Depends on what kind of mates you've and what kind of animation you're trying to make. Share more details to help us to help you.

Jay Dave

Hello Deepak,

Appreciate your response.

3 Parts: Round Ring with a hole, a Nut on one side and a Bolt on the other side.

An Assembly (Mates):

For Round Ring and a Nut: Mate 1 would be Concentric and Mate 2 would be Align Faces.

For Round Ring and a Bolt. Mate 1 would be Concentric and Mate 2 would be Align Faces.

For my Animation: I want to show Bolt pulled out in one direction and Nut pulled out in another direction.

How can I accomplish this?

Partial Solution:

I had Suppressed all the Mates, and now I am able to move component freely.

But when I select component and move them, it moves freely in any direction and any location.

What do I have to do so I can move the component in precise position of X or Y or Z direction?

Also, is there a way to see Co-ordinate icon so I can pull component in X or Y or Z direction?

Hope this will help. Thank You.

Deepak Gupta

Jay Dave wrote:

Hello Deepak,

Appreciate your response.

3 Parts: Round Ring with a hole, a Nut on one side and a Bolt on the other side.

An Assembly (Mates):

For Round Ring and a Nut: Mate 1 would be Concentric and Mate 2 would be Align Faces.

For Round Ring and a Bolt. Mate 1 would be Concentric and Mate 2 would be Align Faces.

For my Animation: I want to show Bolt pulled out in one direction and Nut pulled out in another direction.

How can I accomplish this?

Jay you do not need to suppress any mates and it can be done with few clicks. Create an exploded view with desired movements (you can even show but and bolt rotating as well in animation while these are pulled out) and then you can save that animation from exploded view or take that to motion tool.

Here is a video to get started: Exploded view in Solidworks