3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2019 2:08 AM by Ville Kahelin

Driveworks - how to make different filenames on each configuration?

Ville Kahelin

Hi,

This is my problem. I should get DriveWorks name table legs differently based on their shape and length. How to do it?

40 is height of the leg in the rule under this. N means configuration/type of the leg. This naming code works for one leg type at the time. Is it possible to get work on every config?

Table.JPG

Idea 40 cm leg skinny confiq would be named as "table leg 40S"

45 cm leg heavy confiq "table leg 45H"

Many thanks

Ville Kahelin

• Re: Driveworks - how to make different filenames on each configuration?
          Deepak Gupta

Do you mean you want to create three different files based on the selected config? If yes then you would need 3 different files in the master assembly. If this is not what you looking for then can you add more details.

BTW I do not think that you can rename configuration via DWX but may use a macro to do that or even can create the three different files using the macro. And best part is that you can run the macro via DWX.

Ville Kahelin

My idea was that I have one file in start which have 3 different configurations.  When I put it in the DWX(=DriveWorksXpress) I could be able to make models of each of these configurations. There would be two factors:

Model: (configuration name) 3 options (Normal, Skinny & Heavy)

Table height: ~300-1200 mm

So filenames are based on these factors.

table leg 45H would be table leg ((Table height) 450 mm/10=)45(cm)H(Heavy, options are H, S & N - Heavy, Skinny & Normal)

Ville Kahelin

I got it work now. You need double IF-rule.

Here's the solution:

=”*”&”Table leg”&(Table height/10)&

IF(Model:”Skinny”, ”S”, IF(Model:”Normal”, ”N”, ”H”))

Explained:

”*” = eliminates all text

& = Between all different "objects" (text, rules, etc)

”Table leg” = Text (needs ""-marks around to work)

(Table height/10)= Rule (Makes Table height mm to cm)

IF(Model:”Skinny”, ”S”, IF(Model:”Normal”, ”N”, ”H”))

= Rule IF Model is ”Skinny” it marks "S" in the end of name, If "Normal" "N" and otherwise "H"