2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2019 4:22 PM by Solid Air

Unable to edit part, floating point graphic issue?

Joseph Brown

Had a odd thing happen when editing a sketch. File is 2018. Had a point fly way off in space so I zoom/fit found the point and deleted it. So not the file behaves like it is 1 million units large. So not there are all sorts of floating point graphic issues. Is there a way to repair the file? And effectively select anything. Not how text for dimensions are all piled on top of each other. Rebooted computer and the file still shows the problem. Other files are fine.

Notice how the numbers for each dimension are all piled on top of one another. End points are not on end of line and everything is jumpy like there is a floating point issue. In the 5 years of using SolidWorks as an Instructor and working with 1000s of students I have never seen something go this far south.

_2019_02_09_t19_36_09.png

• Re: Unable to edit part, floating point graphic issue?
          Joseph Brown

Well It looks like you just have to edit a sketch and hit "normal to" to force the software to fix it. Very odd that opening can closing had no effect. Saw someone posted this on another forum and they had no solution. The software basically acted like the bonding box was a million units large.

• Re: Unable to edit part, floating point graphic issue?
            Solid Air

I did not really see your issue.  What are you display settings for dimensions and notes flat to screen (although did not change anything on my computer checked or unchecked).  In document properties have you tried changing drafting standard from ANSI to ISO?  Standard VAR question: Did you reboot your computer?  Have you tried running regedit, rename key SOLIDWORKS 2018 to something else then restart SolidWorks?  Unfortunately, I do not use the educational version so I do not know how different it is from standard SW.