3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2009 5:26 PM by Gerald Davis

Don't ask again toggles

John Lhuillier
      Can we get a DON'T ASK AGAIN tick box on this dialog.
      Also why does it seem like with every new release there are MORE mouse picks to do things than previous versions. Material addition is one place that extra mouse picks have been added. In 2008 you RMB the material line in the feature manager, pick the one you want and then hit enter or the check mark. In 2009 you have to RMB the material line, then pick the material, then pick APPLY then pick close. Then if you want the same material again do it all over or go thru the steps to add it to your favorite material. In 2008 it was added automatically to the list as a last used.

Too bad the programers at SW didn't actually have to use the program to be productive and make money with it. Perhaps they could see how useless most of the extra mouse picks tend to be.
        • Don't ask again toggles
          Kelvin Lamport
          If you add the material to the favourites, all you have to do is RMB the Edit Material icon and select the material from the drop-down list; there's no need to hit enter ... that's one less click than '08.
            Dale Dunn
            The unwanted notification might get more attention from SW if you post it in the thread where SW asked for examples of messages we'd like to permanently dismiss. My guess is that thread is subscribed to by the relevant people, and so it's likely to turn up in their email if you reply to that thread.
              Gerald Davis
              John -
              That's an excellent suggestion.

I'd also like to be able to dismiss the warning that pops up when I lock external references. I knew I wanted to lock them when I locked them and confirming that I know that I'm about to lock them and won't be able to edit them until they are unlocked seems too extraordinarily Vista-ish.