AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't save card data to file for Autodesk file (programs not installed)?

Question asked by Megan Fannon on Jan 30, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2019 by Megan Fannon

We regularly receive customer files in formats other than Solidworks, and we save them in our EPDM vault for traceability.  Usually these are .stp or .igs or the like.  However, we recently received an Inventor file, (.ipt).  We don't run Inventor, but evidently we were able to insert the .ipt into a Solidworks part because I see it in the feature tree and it is referencing the .ipt.  On the vault side, we were able to add the file to the vault (after assigning a datacard to handle the .ipt of course), but we can't save any edits to the datacard.  We are getting the following error.

"Could not save card data to file since none of the following programs is installed:

Autodesk Inventor

Autodesk Inventor Design Assistant"

This is the first time I've encountered an error like this; usually EPDM has no problem saving data for any file, whether it's something we can preview or not.  We are not interested in installing either of the listed programs, so is there any other way around this?  I don't like leaving customer files outside the vault, but I'm afraid that may be our only option here.

Thanks

Megan

Outcomes