I'm trying to generate a 3 axis toolpath for a simple 3D surface using Solidworks 2019 CAM.
The process I've used is as follows:
1. Choose 3axis Milling Machine, Set up Stock in the Stock Manager, Choose my work Coordinate System
2. Create a new Mill Setup, choosing the XY Plane as the associated entity.
3. Create a new multi-surface feature for that setup, Feature Type -> All Displayed, Strategy -> Area Clearance, Z Level
4. Generate Operation Plan for the Multi-Surface Feature which makes an Area Clearance Mill OP and a Z Level Mill OP
5. Generate Toolpaths for the above Mill Operations which results in an Error 105 for the Area Clearance OP: "Error 105: 3 Axis toolpath not generated because of an internal error."
It will generate the mill operation for area clearance but fails on the ZLevel operation.
I have gotten it to work before but doesnt seem very reliable. It would be nice if error 105 was more specific.
This is also the same issue found here: