AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solidworks drawing views showing appearance texture if not in "shaded iwith edges" view?

Question asked by Dave Krum on Jan 24, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2019 by Dave Krum

Hello All,

I'm not sure if there is a way in SW to show texture (from the part's appearance) on a drawing view if using "hidden lines removed" or "hidden lines visible". I know that if the shading is the selection for a view, then the appearance will show on the drawing but if the first three options are chosen, there is no appearance. This has always bothered me that I didn't know if there was something that I was not aware of for the appearances. For a very simple example, I have a part with 3 display states. For the iso views, I have the "shaded with edges" selected (have RealView ability on PC). For the top view, I have it set for "hidden lines removed" and only get a white box without the appearance. I always assumed there was no option to show texture when using this option. Been searching online and can't find anything on the subject. Another guy here uses Autocad Mechanical and has this ability. See the snips all the way down. Is there something that I'm missing here? He has wood panels showing the texture on an otherwise white background, this would be nice to know that it can be done on future projects if possible. Thanks in advance for any info! I'm on SW2015 still BTW.

highlited texture on snips:

Outcomes