AnsweredAssumed Answered

Looking for macro to change description of parts in pdm

Question asked by Wouter Tuls on Jan 24, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2019 by Fatih Mehmet Ozcan

Hello all,

First time forum user here, so bear with me. I just made about 1000 libary parts using the toolbox to make the right configuration followed by using the ''sldsetdocprop.exe'' to remove the toolbox flag. In the datacard of these toolbox files we made sure that the description is copied to all tabs in the data card, so they are all the same. Though (I think) after using the remove flag tool somehow the descriptions aren't the same. By editing the description and hit spacebar after the M5 (see attached picture) the second tab updates, and thereby the BOM updates to the correct description.

Now you understand that doing this trick for 1000 parts is time consuming. Does anyone have a macro, or can anyone help me making a macro to do this automatically? I understand if you make 1 macro you can make a task to apply it to all files in a particular folder, so that will do the trick. Though I'm not familiar with making a macro at all. I hoped there is some kind of program that copies your keyboard and mouse actions and set it on repeat, but I haven't found one yet.

We are working with PDM professional and I have all admin rights. Also working with SolidWorks 2017 on a Windows 7 PC

Thanks in advance

Greetings,

Wouter

Outcomes