AnsweredAssumed Answered

cut list to show name of weldment? (Wood dimensions)

Question asked by Jordan Gibson on Jan 22, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2019 by Jordan Gibson

Hi there,

So I started using weldments for our dock/marina design and its working out really well for the past few days. My last little hiccup is that when I make a drawing and go to propogate a cutlist I get a list of all these weldments but there's no way to differentiate them. they are simply just listed 1-76, and have lengths beside them.

I could do a section view one layer of the project at a time, balloon it and cut list it.

However, for speed and simply just getting a lumber count it would be nice to just produce a huge cut list, and know how many 6x8's or 8x8'. etc we will need at a given length.

What I have done to get me here:

Simply made custom weldment profiles (6x6, 8x8, 2x4's) etc. If I could somehow get the BOM/Cutlist to tell me WHICH weldment profile I used in a column it would solve all my issues.

This simply has to be possible lol. Seems pretty basic - I just am not sure how to set it up.

Thanks and all the best.

I attached the project for everyone to take a look at. As you can see - doing this 1 part at a time and just making a giant assembly would (and does) take forever. It was how I was doing things previously.

Outcomes