2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2019 9:44 AM by Greg Welch

Copy with Mates dialog box misplacement

Greg Welch

I frequently us the Copy with Mates command. Out of the blue, when I use it, the dialog panel is way at the bottom of the feature manager, and I have to drag it up so I can use it. See the screen shot. It always used to cover the entire feature manager. Anybody know what's going on? Is there a setting that needs to change?

• Re: Copy with Mates dialog box misplacement
          Greg Hertvik

There's a split screen bar that typically resides at the top of your tree to have 2 tree panels at once.  One for actions (like copy mates) & one that stays on the tree.  Simply grab the bar circled with your mouse & drag all the way up.

untitled.png

• Re: Copy with Mates dialog box misplacement
              Greg Welch

I know you can drag it up, but I would rather not have to.  Up until a day or two ago, it wasn't like that.  It covered the whole feature manager tree, and I preferred it that way.  There are multiple little "all you have to do is..." things that suddenly crop up in SolidWorks that take away from productivity, like selecting something in the tree and it jumps down to the bottom, or having to move the Exit Isolate button out of the middle of the screen, or the "Auto-start projected view" command becoming unselected.  They're all individually easy to work around, but collectively, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, they're a drag on productivity, and they're incredibly irritating.