2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2019 5:34 PM by Guy Symonds

#TASK Crashing while saving part Configs?

Guy Symonds

Hello,

I've recently started using #TASK to save design table driven part configurations. #TASK seems to work well for parts with limited configurations (<20), however when I try and save 50+ in a go it runs into issues, crashing around ~60 configurations in with the following error.

Noticed it began to hang up around config # 57 of 100.

Any thoughts, or advice?

Thanks,

Guy

• Re: #TASK Crashing while saving part Configs?
          Artem Taturevych

Hi Guy,

I believe what might happened is your SOLIDWORKS resources are overloaded - so it reached the limit. Basically if you would try to open this model and activate/save each configuration manually you will have similar issue.

We have fixed that problem by implementing another option to 'Treat each configuration as an individual item' while processing multiple configurations

This would allow to consider configuration as a file and respect this option:

Which would allow to free the resources after X amount of configurations. Furthermore in case of the crash of SOLIDWORKS it will continue on the last processed configuration.

This functionality will be released in #TASK 2.0 which is just few weeks away.

Thanks,

Artem