2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2019 2:40 AM by Sam Sam

Linking SolidWorks Feature Tree Folder name with PDM variable?

Sam Sam

Whether is possible linking virtual Folder Name from SolidWorks Feature Tree with the PDM variable or property of the file?

• Re: Linking SolidWorks Feature Tree Folder name with PDM variable?
          Francisco Guzman

Hi Sam Sam,

Are you referring to these?

If so, it is not possible to link the property or a variable to the name of a feature.  At least not with out-of-the-box functionality and with SPR 1017907 being "open" for cut lists (not an Enhancement Request, surprisingly).  Maybe with VBA magic for the time being?

If you are using folders for cut lists, I would suggest reaching out to your VAR to vouch for that SPR to get fixed.

Francisco | CSWS-DMA

GoEngineer

• Re: Linking SolidWorks Feature Tree Folder name with PDM variable?
              Sam Sam

Hi  Francisco,

thanks for the answer and my question about it. your answer helps me to save time.

But, if I am not mistaken, I somewhere met such (or similar) an opportunity with the Cut Lists folders. (by means of SolidWorks of macroes VBA Add-ins or Api).

I still will try to look for information on this subject at the general forum, and suddenly someone will prompt still something.

After that I will finally decide whether it is possible to consider a question closed.