AnsweredAssumed Answered

Save to AVI ... bad quality

Question asked by George Moraitis on Mar 19, 2009
Latest reply on Apr 25, 2009 by 1-D88IXC
Hello to all,

I am trying to capture an animation that I made in SolidWorks 2009 animator, but the results are pretty awful. I am capturing the animator with the RealView ON and no shadows. The capture setup is: SolidWorks screen (and not Photoworks renderer), 20 FPS and compression with Microsoft Video 1 in 85%. As I see the resulting video, the quality isn't real nice (but it is ok), but I see a lot of strange thing happening in my screen (like, as the camera pointing a bolt in a screw movement, I can see the same bolt over a little bit as a shadow that is moving itself also). These strange things are happening for 1-2 sec and then they disappear.
I also like to inform you that I am using a HP Workstation and a Quadro FX 1700 graphic card.
How do you think I can solve this? Maybe a good codec, or something other to install and how?

P.S. I tried with photowork renderer instead of SolidWorks screen. I left it all the night capturing. The next morning the result seemed prettier but it achieved to made only 12 seconds instead the whole movie (8,30 minutes).

Outcomes