7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2019 11:40 AM by Francisco Guzman

Overwrite Latest Version is grey out

Jake Bakerin

I have some files which the "Overwrite Latest Version" is grey out when I tried to check them in? Is there any reason for this?

Thank You

• Re: Overwrite Latest Version is grey out
          Francisco Guzman

Hi Jake,

Please ensure you have the proper permissions to overwrite the latest version.

We have a document in our KB that can help:

GoEngineer - Knowledge Base

Kind Regards,

Francisco | CSWS-DMA

GoEngineer

Jake Bakerin

Francisco,

Yes, I have that option checked

it just happened to today to some files as I can overwrite them before

Francisco Guzman

Hi Jake,

Please recall from the document that this needs to be applied in both folder and state permissions. Also, the fact that it is also a state permission, means that you may be seeing effects of state permission inheritance. Ensure inheritance not playing a role here. You may need to think ahead before checking the box for "ignore permission from the previous states" in state properties.

Cheers,

Francisco | CSWS-DMA

GoEngineer

Jake Bakerin

Francisco Guzman wrote:

Hi Jake,

Please recall from the document that this needs to be applied in both folder and state permissions. Also, the fact that it is also a state permission, means that you may be seeing effects of state permission inheritance. Ensure inheritance not playing a role here. You may need to think ahead before checking the box for "ignore permission from the previous states" in state properties.

Cheers,

Francisco | CSWS-DMA

GoEngineer

Francisco,

Yes, I have both this option checked in both folder and state permissions.

This morning, it's working fine as it was not allowed yesterday ???

Francisco Guzman

Ah, in that case, your problems are Gremlins... yep, no other logical explanation, just Gremlins.

Jokes aside, that's pretty weird. All I can say is to be vigilant for when it happens again. Try exiting the vault view then logging back in if it happens again. also, ask a colleague with the same permissions to check for the same behavior.

Francisco | CSWS-DMA

GoEngineer

Jake Bakerin

Francisco Guzman wrote:

Ah, in that case, your problems are Gremlins... yep, no other logical explanation, just Gremlins.

Jokes aside, that's pretty weird. All I can say is to be vigilant for when it happens again. Try exiting the vault view then logging back in if it happens again. also, ask a colleague with the same permissions to check for the same behavior.

Francisco | CSWS-DMA

GoEngineer

Francisco Guzman wrote:

Francisco | CSWS-DMA

GoEngineer

Francisco,

Just one thing, the files I have problem with are the files I packngo and worked off line and saved back to the Vault

Do you think there might be something else caused this problem?

Francisco Guzman

So the way I was able to reproduce the behavior is by saving this text file out of PDM and renamed it to "2". I created a new file as far as the database is concerned when saving back in (or working back online). in this new-file situation, there is no latest version to overwrite.

Perhaps you created a new file or renamed while working out of the vault?

editing the contents of text file  "New Text Document.txt" out of PDM, then overwriting the vaulted checked out file did not gray out the checkbox.

Regards,

Francisco | CSWS-DMA

GoEngineer