3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2018 11:08 AM by Alin Vargatu

Lots of little problems with SW 2019 - Dynamic Reference Visualization

Scott Lyon

This handy little feature has been driving me nuts with several aggravations that I've been putting up with. I only discovered the cause as DRV a couple days ago.

I'm looking for some confirmation here that I can take to my VAR.

First here's the setup: Dynamic Reference Visualization turned on (either one or both), a component in an assembly or a feature in a part and it having an external reference. If it's an assembly then the component must have a reference to something else. It could be a mate, sketch relation, dimension or anything else that would cause the DRV arrows to appear. If it's a part then these problems will occur no matter what since everything in a part file ends up referencing something, even if it's just a plane.

Okay, so now the fun part. If any or all of the above conditions are met and I then single left-click on the 'reference tied' thing (could even be a plane, mate or axis) in the feature tree I get one or more of the following problems:

1) Can't slow double-click to rename something in the tree

2) The thing doesn't highlight in the graphics window

3) Can't zoom in or out with the mouse wheel

4) Can't pan/rotate with Connexion 3D mouse

5) Can't see configurations available in the top window of the popped up in-context toolbar

And here's where it gets really weird. If I move the pointer away from whatever I have selected the problems go away. I have to move off the tree and out into the graphics window or up and down the tree by at least 2 lines.

I can insert a second instance of a part file in an assembly and just leave it floating or fixed and that component won't have the problem. The first instance with a mate will.

All problems stop if Dynamic Reference Visualization is turned off. I have the same exact behavior on two different machines with SW 2019. A third machine with SW 2018 has no problem at all. So, can you reproduce this?