AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I alter / modify 3D model / 2D drawing generated in Solid works by some script / macro? Need help!

Question asked by Anki Malik on Dec 20, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2018 by Artem Taturevych

I have a catalog of one product with five sizes/ variants let say size a, b , c , d & e.

Each size/ variant of the product is made up of total 10-15 dimensional constraints (including 3-4 diametric profiles, 4 -5 length profiles, just imagine a common pipeline valve).

I have all the 10-15 dimensions mentioned in a table for each of the five sizes / variants in excel sheet columns.

Now, I have finished the 3D model in size 'a' and generated it's drawing. Now I want to generate all other variants drawings also but first I have to manually copy paste 3D model each time and modify the dimensional values to get new variant drawing generated which is very time consuming.

Kindly advise me if it is possible by some means that I do not have to copy the product each time to manually modify the dimensional values? Since the geometry of object will remain the same, just the size will get bigger or smaller as per the excel table for each five variants. Hence, I want this process to be automatize using some means I read before.

Your kind suggestions will be extremely helpful.

Outcomes