Hello SOLIDWORKS Power Users and welcome to the 22nd SWPUC!
We should be thankful to J. R. for submitting this challenge
Allow me to simplify the problem for the purpose of the challenge, as shown in this video (also attached):
1. Download the attached part (SW 2016 or newer)
2. Use the circle from Sketch 2 to trim the geometry outside the circle
3. Find a solution that would enable consistent rebuilding if the circle diameter is varied
4. The end result should remain a number of unknitted surface bodies, based on the original geometry
5. Upload your SOLIDWORKS models. Comments are welcome
6. If you wrote a macro or an application, please upload it and explain how should be used. The application or macro will become public and be freely shared by the SOLIDWORKS Community.
7. If you are working for SOLIDWORKS and decide to add this functionality in SOLIDWORKS 2020, you will receive a beer at SWW and the gratitude of all of us.
1. For eternal glory and 10,000 points, be the first to post the most elegant solution using only SOLIDWORKS functionality
2. For eternal glory and 10,000 points, upload the best macro or application that would solve the problem.
3. For eternal glory and 1,000 points, post your solution with a time stamp of 31-Dec-2018 11:59 PM
Deadline: 23:59:59 ET on December 31st, 2018.