3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2018 1:16 PM by Scott Lyon

A few problems with SW 2019 - Insert new part

Scott Lyon

I'm actually having quite a few little problems with 2019 almost all related to graphics. I had none of the problems in 2018. They don't seem to be fixed in SP1.0 EV so I thought I'd better see if I'm the only one. I'll start with the most annoying and create other discussions for the others. So here's my problem:

With the system setting unchecked for 'Save new components to external files', which then creates a virtual part, if I insert the new part into an assembly and click in the graphics area with the green check showing at my cursor, no part is created. It's as if I never started the command in the first place. Anyone else experience this?

• Re: A few problems with SW 2019 - Insert new part
          Dennis Dohogne

Scott Lyon wrote:

I'm actually having quite a few little problems with 2019 almost all related to graphics. I had none of the problems in 2018. They don't seem to be fixed in SP1.0 EV so I thought I'd better see if I'm the only one. I'll start with the most annoying and create other discussions for the others. So here's my problem:

With the system setting unchecked for 'Save new components to external files', which then creates a virtual part, if I insert the new part into an assembly and click in the graphics area with the green check showing at my cursor, no part is created. It's as if I never started the command in the first place. Anyone else experience this?

Scott, I'm not using 2019 yet so I can only ask a few questions.  You mention it it seems to be graphics related.  SWX2019 did some dramatic changes related to graphics.  Is your graphics card certified and are you using a driver tested and approved by SWX?

Is there any chance you can post your files so others on SWX2019 can try to replicate your situation?

Scott Lyon

Hi Dennis, yeah I didn't go through the whole hardware list simply because this problem didn't happen in SW 2018. I figure the problems must be software related rather than hardware. I do have the latest certified drivers for my K5200 Quadro. I can't put the files up (super secret spy stuff) but I can say that this particular new part issue is consistent with all my assemblies big or small. I do not have the new graphics pipeline turned on. More on that in my future posts.

Scott Lyon

I was looking for something else and stumbled on the solution. Turns out not to have anything to do with SW 2019 at all. It was due to the setting for not creating external references.

https://forum.solidworks.com/message/894224