AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trimming Alternative Views?

Question asked by Matt Juric on Dec 18, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 18, 2018 by Josh Brady

I could have sworn that SW trimmed alternative views to the same boundary as what the view would be without the alternative view. What I want to do is show a "Reference part" in a view that is significantly larger than anything in the view I'm working on. I only want to show the small part that interacts with my current viewed assembly. I've tried enveloping and alternative view and neither ends up getting trimmed by the original view box.

I know I can crop the view...but you can't have an alternative view in a cropped view. I could crop the view with the enveloped part but then I have to show the enveloped part in all the parent views.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an easier way to do this. Picture something like trying to show the emblem of the car company on the trunk of the car and where it is placed on the trunk. I don't want to see the whole car in the view only the small area where the emblem interacts with the trunk.

As usual I suspect this is something easy I'm missing....or something that should be easy that doesn't exist :-)

Thanks

Outcomes