This is the best time of the year to make our voice heard by the Product Definition Teams at SOLIDWORKS. Voting for the SOLIDWORKS World Top Ten Ideas is a civic right for all users who pay for subscription. I would call it also a civic duty!
Here is a short list of ideas targeting large assemblies and drawings performance. Please read and (if you agree with me) vote on them:
- Multicore Workflow for Large Assemblies and Drawings
- Ability to unload and load the body data for the component of an assembly
- Allow any drawing to be loaded with or without the model (user control)
- Allow preserved bodies in a SpeedPak to be used for Interference Detection or Collision Detection
- Add more entity filters (F5): Component, Feature, Cut List Item, Origin, Coordinate System
- SW Assembly Visualization - Add Option For More Columns
- Ability to isolate components again while being in isolate mode (isolate after isolate) without having to cancel the first isolate command
- Manage Display States (especially Hide/Show) with Tables
- Make graphic triangles visible in parts / assemblies
- Add the Functionality for Lines & Circles for Mate Option
If your colleagues frequently complain about large assemblies or drawings slow-downs, encourage them to vote on these ideas.