4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2018 8:11 PM by William Welsh

does a nvidia quadro fx 1500 work in solidworks 2018

William Welsh

Would a nvidia quadro fx 1500 work with solidworks 2018? i have gotten the card to work in windows 10 but will it work to load assemblies in sw18?

• Re: does a nvidia quadro fx 1500 work in solidworks 2018
          Alex Lachance

It will probably work in 2018 but it is not supported anymore so there might be some minor graphic bugs. The best way to know is to test it out.

• Re: does a nvidia quadro fx 1500 work in solidworks 2018
              William Welsh

I just tried it and have tried a few video drivers  since I am able to load a assembly but its like its there but just does not show. On another computer far faster then this one with a modern quadro card thats supported shows fine under 2018.  Nothing I do seems to make it show. does the video card have to support any weird  things that are newer to show assemblies or parts.. like I said they load and with the mouse they seem to be there but invisible and

if I drag firefox over them it leaves a ghost image of firefox or if I minimize leaves a ghost image of background image
              does this sound like spending more money on a better card would fix. ?  monie is tight is this in fact just because the video card is not supported. note card worked fine for 2013 sw.. same configuration spec.   can I turn off something to make the drawings show or is this it this card is no good for sw18?

I am runing latest build win 10 its a amd 8 core fx cpu 8 gb ddr3 ram  with a fx 1500 card.

the supported cards link that you could pick OS and different older cards that now seems to be removed that so how am I to bargain shop for a good functional used video card that still works?  some one told me to get a decent game card with 4gb of ram and it should work.