AnsweredAssumed Answered

activate advanced selection inside macro

Question asked by Eric Jacobson on Dec 12, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 13, 2018 by Eric Jacobson

Hello, all;

I'm trying to write a macro that activates an Advances Selection query I have that hides some components prior to saving off STEP files. I'm having trouble as the documentation mentions a .sqy file, but I'm getting a XML file when exporting my set up advanced selection?

I've tried recording the macro steps of turning this advanced select on and I just get a blank macro file.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

This is what the advanced selection does when activated. I then want to hide the selected components and save off the step... which should be easy enough.

This is my XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SWQueryList><Query Name="Cmm Hide" Favourites_Index="1"><Boolean Name="And" Category="Custom Property" SubCategory="Cmm Hide" Condition="is (exactly)" Value="Yes"/><Boolean Name="Or" Category="Custom Property" SubCategory="Detail #" Condition="=" Value="$"/><Boolean Name="Or" Category="Document name -- SW Special" SubCategory="" Condition="contains" Value="Rev "/><Boolean Name="Or" Category="Custom Property" SubCategory="Cmm Hide" Condition="is (exactly)" Value="fromparent+Yes"/></Query></SWQueryList>

Outcomes