AnsweredAssumed Answered

poor quality edge lines on models

Question asked by andrey pavlov on Dec 11, 2018
Latest reply on May 23, 2020 by John Smith

bad lines sw.pngbad lines sw 2.png

I am getting really bad edge lines on the models as you can see in image. When I zoom out these models just go completely black and are super ugly. I have gone into Options>Document Properties>Image Quality and cranked anything or ticked anything that can possibly relate to a better image. Also in Performance. Really everything in the Options I went through and if it sounding like it would improve the graphics display I would try it. Nothing has worked.

My graphics card is very good a MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 and new and yes totally updated drivers of everything on my system.

My CPU is good too being an Intel 6700K and my mother board is a Z170X Gaming 3 and I have 32GB 3200mhz ram. So my hardware is not the problem. I have a very old NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU that displays the lines better and it is super weak card in comparison. Don't say oh its because the Quadro 600 is ment to work with SW because the 1080 is based on using the same tech of Nvidia, PhysX, etc.

I've gone through everything I can try out and think of. Anyone else had this issue or think of a fix? Thanks

I have tried to get the "Full scene anti-aliasing" option to become not greyed out so I can try it but I can not even if I copy the suggested settings and play with the global settings within the Nvidia control panel for the graphics card. I did notice that given the example below of when you actually do apply the Full scene anti-alias setting it really does not make that much of a difference and still... well sucks bad.

Seriously they do not have the technology to make a straight line? Doesn't seem to be a problem for any video game or every other application out there. I literally can not work too long as I get a headache and feel sick.

Thanks Rob Your tip that you have to close all open parts, assemblies, etc was the key for me to be able to choose Full scene anti-aliasing. I was always opening a part to try options and see the results. There is a bit of difference but it still sucks.

Outcomes