8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2018 8:22 AM by Nick Birkett-Smith

Exploded view  - scroll through or suppress steps

Gordon Rigg

I think I might be missing something obvious here, or maybe I was dreaming...or remembering a CAd software that hasd superior functionality.

How do I step through the exploded assembly steps so that first step one is active, and all others are not, then step 2 is active and all others are not?

This functionality seems to be missing. Even though you can see it work like that in animate explode/collapse it is not possible to step through and edit the explode steps.

Yes you can edit the individual explode staeps but that is not the same thing.
      solidworks step through exploded view steps one at a time I dont consider this thread as answered at all!

I just right clicked on an explode step expecting to be able to suppress it and it wasnt there. I must have been dreaming...

I would expect the steps in the explode view to behave like the feature tree, be able to drag a finish line up and down and see my view explode step by step.

I must have been dreaming.

When you make a lot of edits to the assembly the exploded view is always so broken it has to more or less completely remade.

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.