5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2018 8:50 AM by Chris Swallows

How to I automate syncing PDM files from a server that is not on the company's domain?

Chris Swallows

So basically my company won't allow databases applications to run on the servers we use as our file storage share drive that gets routinely backed up, which is obviously on the company domain. I had to work around this by installing PDM on a server not managed by the company that is in our office, and is not connected to the domain. We figured out a way to route it through the office's network (long story).

The problem is this: We can put a backup system on that non-domain server, but I'm trying to figure out a way to take the vault files and push them to our share drive server on the company domain. Right now I manually do this by me downloading the files to my local machine and uploading them to the company server. I'm trying to figure out how to automate this and preferably not have my main CAD workstation as the "HUB" to push the files over.

I've seen a feature in GrabCAD workbench where you can select a computer to automatically download files that get uploaded to the vault. This is a good solution for me to set up a computer in the corner that can access the domain with its sole purpose to download the vault files and then upload to the company share drive.

Is there a option in SW PDM to do something like this? If not, what would be a good way to transfer the files over (non-manually)?