2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2018 5:22 PM by Gaye Bullock

How To Interpret The "Template Used For Making The Derived Part" Dialog Box (and how to change your answer)

Gaye Bullock

After choosing "yes" to the dialog box below (invoked in a part file when using Insert>Features>Save Bodies...)

I now want to try the second ("No") option. This came up after converting to a new origin coordinate system, not from changing "units". I'm suspecting my few added "Custom Properties" containing coordinates to the center of mass of some objects are at issue, because their distance to the origin would change. Am I wrong here? How can I get the second option to be invoked again if I'm right?

• Re: How To Change the Unit of Measure of the Derived Part
          Benjamin Modic

Hey Gaye,

All you would need to do is to change the units in the document properties (Tools -> Options) of the derived part... and any other properties that you might want changed in this new part.

~Ben

• Re: How To Change the Unit of Measure of the Derived Part
              Gaye Bullock

Thanks. I appreciate the effort. I think I asked the question wrong, because there were no changes in units (mm vs inch) in the files in question. There WAS however a conversion of ORIGIN (New Coordinate System) involved in the saving of bodies. I guess I'm more curious to have all the words defined in the dialog box. "Whose template?", "What Custom Property?"(I did assign a few custom properties with display of distances from the old/new origin involved), "What is the base part?". The dialog box did not inform my decision making at the time I had a choice. I edited the post. Sorry for the confusion.