1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2018 11:54 AM by Glenn Schroeder

Ideal SW Computer?

Kevin Casey

My company is looking into purchasing a new computer for our SolidWorks applications and we are looking for advice on the ideal computer configuration.

We design medical generators. The models contain 500 to 1000 parts, have multiple configurations, both exploded and variations of the base generator, have multiple display states that highlight colors for various parts, use .jpeg files for labeling,  utilize decals for the surface and have surfaces for the plastic skins that the generators are housed in.

The drawings outline the above as assembly documents for our productions line.

The current computer that is being used handles these functions, but I find that in large drawings that the computer bogs down and does crash. I have found that I have to break the drawings, they can be 10 to 20 sheets long, into separate files, to keep SolidWorks from crashing.

What we are looking for is advice on the ideal computer configuration beyond the base line system requirements. RAM, processor speed/core count, the hard drive setup, such as solid state parameters, graphic card/memory.

Thanks,

Kevin