AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot access assembly or drawings

Question asked by Kevin Quigley on Mar 16, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 19, 2009 by Jeff Hamilton
Anyone ever come across this one - it is new to me after 10 years of SW use! Today I was editing an assembly and a couple of in context parts refused to update no matter what I tried. So I decided to create an identical new part and place it in the assembly in a bottom up manner with mates.

So I'm editing the assembly, adding the new one in, deleting the old part and have a part open. When I switch back to the assembly I get the error message "this assembly is unavailable as a component is in rollback" (or words to that effect). So I cannot edit the assembly. I open the linked drawing, and get the same error. I close all open part files so I only have the assembly and the drawing open - same thing. I then open each part in the assembly and none are in rollback. I am stuck. I cannot close the assembly or the drawing file as all menus are greyed out.

In the end I cut my losses and rebooted the machine and started again.

So the question is, if I get that kind of message wouldn't it be so much more valuable to actually say WHAT component is in rollback and offer the user the opportunity to edit it ?

Outcomes