Tonawanda, NY 14150
Date Posted on Web: 11/30/2018
Date Needed: Immediately
Acara Solutions is hiring a Designer/Drafter for our customer in Tonawanda, NY. This is a 3+ month contract opportunity to assist with covering a leave of absence. You will be responsible for providing drafting and/or design support to produce custom heat transfer equipment from concept to detailed fabrication drawings utilizing CAD software and to troubleshoot and/or resolve problems in manufacturing and with vendors due to drawing issues. This position requires proficiency in the utilization of software for CAD (i.e. SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD) and Microsoft Office.
- Utilize CAD systems to prepare and/or modify drawings in a timely fashion in accordance with company standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of drafting standards, purchasing and manufacturing specifications for preparation, release, and revision of drawings.
- Prepare bills of material utilizing software.
- Review project specifications and requirements to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product.
- Recommends courses of action to supervision for establishing and maintaining schedules.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of codes or standards for design applications and conformance with related to job.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes such as tooling limitations as defined by drafting manual and/or design standards.
- Provides input to supervision for process and/or design improvements.
- Troubleshooting drawing issues that occur and consistently learn from previous experiences to reduce errors.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Engineering/Technical Degree and or at least 3 years of experience producing accurate General Arrangement, P&ID and fabrication drawings
- 3 years of hands on experience in the use of Solidworks
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Solidworks PDM is a plus
- Certified SolidWorks Professional or Associate is a plus.
- Experience with fabrication and sheet metal design concepts
- Pressure vessel, heat exchanger or petrochemical system design experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes Desired in Candidate:
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– High energy with high level of self-initiative and strong sense of urgency.
– Strong computer skills (i.e. SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office).
– Strong analytical and mechanical aptitude with demonstrated working knowledge of parts movement and interaction.
Email resume to: email@example.com